Hello, I’m Krista Ulatowski, MPH, RDN. Several years ago, I was on a fabulous gourmet food tour that wove through downtown Seattle. I was joined that day by my one and only wonderful mom; we dined on bites of duck, mussels, gelato and more, wrapping up the tour at the infamous Pike Brewing Company. Our tour guide at the brewery was a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. Mom and I sipped on our IPAs, discussing my career path. She was well aware that I wasn’t thrilled with my day job as a “tech PR gal” and that I was looking to make my next move.
“You’re always reading about food and health. Why don’t you look into what it would take to go back to school and study nutrition?” mom asked.
Yes. It was right there in front of me. There were many avenues that were open to dietitians; even perfecting the chemistry of brewing. I wanted to tie my communications career together with a new focus on health and wellness. I enrolled in my first chemistry course – one of many – the very next day.
I am now a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and public health professional. I hold my Masters from the University of Washington in Seattle, where I completed the Graduate Coordinated Program in Dietetics.
I have more than 10 years of advertising and public relations agency experience, having worked on major grocery, healthcare, medical device, consumer and technology accounts. I have managed product launches, events and media. I specialize in nutrition communications, food and beverage marketing, and social media. What excites me most? Writing that creative, attention-grabbing pitch that gets results. Seeing my clients’ names in print. Helping my clients advance their businesses, whether that be securing more clients themselves, landing that golden speaking opportunity, or attracting the attention of a food company that plans to partner with my client on a Twitter chat.
- Nutrition communications, marketing, public relations, social media
- Individual and corporate consulting
- Strategic communications planning
- Influencer engagement
- Brand strategy
- Serving as a nutrition expert for your food and beverage brand
- Research, writing, development, editing of nutrition-related print and web content
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- Past Director of Marketing & PR, Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group, AND
- Member of Food and Culinary Professionals Dietetic Practice Group, AND
- Member of the Greater Seattle Dietetics Association
- Stone Soup blogger
- Masters in Public Health and Nutrition from the University of Washington
- BA in Journalism and Business from the University of Wisconsin-Madison
Current and Past Clients
- Barbara Spalding, MA, MS, RDN, second act kitchen
- Bethesda NEWtrition and Wellness Solutions
- The Camelot Society
- Chere Bork, MS, RDN, the “Energy Igniter”
- Foods with Judes
- Healthy Bytes
- Jen Haugen, RDN, LD, the “Down-to-Earth Dietitian”
- Kelly Springer, MS, RD, CDN
- Mary Purdy, MS, RDN
- Maltby Pizza & Pasta
- Nutrition Nuptials
- PNW Corporate Wellness
- Rachel Begun, MS, RDN, the “Gluten-Free RD”
- Rival Fitness
- Simply Sorghum
- Sound Dietitians
- The University of Washington Human-Centered Design
- Zing Bars